Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect?
A Radius concert is not just a performance, it’s an immersive concert experience.
It begins with the lovely Pickman Hall, just a short walk from Harvard Square. Every seat is a great seat, with good sight lines and resonant acoustics. Plus friendly staff and a thorough program book with expertly written program notes.
We give you a carefully curated program that balances old and new, familiar and surprising. All brilliantly performed by some of the best musicians in Boston. These artists give brief remarks from the stage throughout the concert, sharing their interpretations of the music and offering illuminating anecdotes about the composer, the piece, or the ensemble’s approach to it. Ranging from humorous to poignant, this commentary entertains and enlightens, and brings you closer to the music.
All Radius concerts include works by living composers, who are often in attendance. During intermission, we may offer you a chance to meet and chat with a composer, affiliated artist or other expert in the evening’s repertoire.
Following the concert, join your fellow concert goers for conversation in the lobby. After a few minutes, members of the Ensemble will join you, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions, share insights or just say hello.
How to get here?
The Edward M. Pickman Concert Hall at the Longy School of Music of Bard College is located at 27 Garden Street in Harvard Square, Cambridge. Follow the links below for Google walking maps and MBTA schedules and maps.
The easiest way to get to and around Harvard Square is via public transportation:
1. Walk (10 minutes) from Harvard Square T stop (Church Street exit)
2. Walk (20 minutes) from Porter Square T stop and commuter rail (Fitchburg line)
3. Take Bus 72 or 75, which stop right out front
Pickman Hall is wheelchair-accessible. Large-print and Braille programs are available with two weeks’ notice. Call to request further accommodations and we will do our best to help.
Where to park?
If driving, you have three parking options:
1. Park at a meter – it’s sometimes possible to find a spot on Mass. Ave. between Harvard and Porter Squares or along Garden Street between Longy and Harvard Square. Please note that parking meters are in effect until 8 pm in Cambridge.
2. Park at the Charles Hotel for $7 (5 pm – midnight) with this coupon and walk (.6 miles) from the Charles Hotel (1 Bennett Street) to Longy.
3. Have a valet park your car at the Sheraton Commander Hotel across the street (16 Garden St.) for $22 (up to 5 hours).
Where to eat?
Nubar at the Sheraton Commander
16 Garden Street
617.547.4800 | nubarcambridge.com
1 Bennett Street
617.661.5005 | henriettastable.com
Harvard Square Upscale
89 Winthrop Street
617.491.1050 | grendelsden.com
44 Brattle Street
617.868.2255 | harvestcambridge.com
The Red House
98 Winthrop Street
617.576-0605 | theredhouse.com
Harvard Square Casual
1667 Massachusetts Avenue
617.547.1228 | cambridgecommonrestaurant.com
Alden & Harlow
40 Brattle Street
617.864.2100 | aldenharlow.com
1712 Massachusetts Avenue
617.547.6565 | lotuscuisine.com
617.354.6900 | orinocokitchen.com
What about Covid?
Please click here to learn more about our plans to keep everyone healthy.